Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Here's something that will scare the bee-jezus out of anyone who's ever thought about what it would be like to be caught at ground zero of a nuke blast. These pics and the shutter speed pretty much confirm that you wouldn't feel a thing.

I don't know about anyone else but I've become a fan of instant messaging. Yeah, it's been around for something like ten years but I haven't started until recently. I've been using it at work and really liking it. Actually, pretty much loving it. The only problem is that my co-workers are not fans of the application and after one particularly intense three-way IM'ing session I was told by both of them they don't perfer IM. Now I may try and get a far-away friend on the IM'ing path. We'll see how that flies.

One of the enjoyments I get out of IM'ing is that it requires me to type. I love typing. Never classically trained by the likes of Ms. Macon (or is it Ms. Beacon?), I learned through continual practice on home and work computers alike since the early 1980's. IM'ing serves to take my typing to another level because along with having to type quickly you only have one shot at getting your typing right lest you be swallowed up by your IM'ing compadre's quick fingers.

No comments: