Monday, February 20, 2006

Book Notes

It is one of things that I avoid in life like the plague. No, it won't kill me. It won't kill you for that matter. In fact, it won't even hurt either of us. That thing is the practice of making visible notes on the pages of books I read. I have always had a great aversion to this practice and have a nearly perfect record in avoiding such transgressions with my books. The idea of a fresh, clean book that I have carefully read though is one of the enjoyments I experience from reading. Bert Webb tries to break through to those of us who have this aversion with this article on how to mark up your books correctly. The Horror! And from inside the comments section of the Webb article comes another article that compares the opposing mentalities of the Preservationists and Footprint Leavers.

No comments: