Monday, August 27, 2007

A Man With a Plan

Even in light of the recent losing streak the Orioles are experiencing this guy keeps me hopeful. He's Dave Trembley and he's on-board through the end of next season and will have a chance to get the ball rolling in Spring Training 2008 the way he sees fit. He doesn't seem like the push-over that Ray Miller, Mike Hargrove, Lee Mazzili and Sam Perlozzo proved to be. Maybe the players will be more apt to listen to a guy who holds Miguel Tejada to the same rules as Tike Redman.

MLB.com: Is it hard to go from being a coach -- and being friendly with the players -- to being the manager and the chief disciplinarian in the dugout? I know it's been that way for most of your career, but is it an adjustment?

Trembley: No, because I don't feel as if I was ever a buddy. I was cordial and respectful to all these guys, but I kept my distance from them. I never socialized with them off the field. I care about them and I give them their space. I talked to them when I was a coach, though, and especially in Spring Training. A lot of guys came to me and confided things in me.

No comments: