Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Moving Forward with Ron Paul

Over at the B-burgs Rush is in full Ron Paul excitement mode. Check out his account of attending Ron Paul's event in KC this past week. He also sent me a ton of good pics of the good doctor through a Kodak Gallery. I haven't seen him this excited about a political figure since Buchanan's salad days in the early 1990's.

My approach to Paul since he announced this winter has been cautiousness. Yet, very quickly I came to realize that I could trust Paul to carry out (as best he could) a very strong traditional Austrian outlook on economic and political systems. But I had been hesitant in fully believing that he could actually gain traction.

It's been the recent bombardment of emails from Rush regarding Paul as well as Lew Rockwell's "Breaking News" blog that has started to get me truly excited for Paul's run for the nomination. June seems to be the month where we may look back and say this was the time when things really got going for Paul. A good sign is that Paul is seeking to expand his message from just the war in Iraq. While that is what got him on the map and is an issue he must continue to pound away at, his introduction of a bill to abolish the Federal Reserve System will allow him to explain why inflation is the greatest evil that the state uses against its people and employs to injure their markets.

My next step may be to get up off my arse and hit one of these Ron Paul meet-up events. I'm starting feel the excitement too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to hear! I understand your apprehensions that Dr. Paul doesn't speak about a full dismantling of leviathan, but I believe he's a realist who will make progress by working through the system.

Viva Paul!!!